News With a Fuse

November 07, 2007

Out on a Limb

A two-year-old Indian girl born with four arms and four legs is recovering in intensive care today after a risky but successful 27-hour operation to remove her two extra arms and legs.

Personally, I think they should have waited until the girl was older and let her decide. I'm sure there are downsides to extra limbs, but as a child, there are more benefits. Think of the killer cartwheels she'd be able to do! And how intimidating she would be at arm wrestling saying "pick a hand, any hand." Or how she'd have a leg up in the three legged race.

I bet it's going to come back to bite her parents in the butt, and she'll be the laziest child alive, because her mom will say, "Could you give me a hand with this?" and she'll be like, "Well, I could have!"

Labels: , , ,